Community Response to COVID-19
During this ongoing health crisis, SunCoast Market, along with the City of Imperial Beach and other community organizations to coordinate and offer needed community services. While we initially had a Rapid Response approach, we are transitioning to finding ways to create long term solutions including gathering and sharing information about local food resources and supporting local businesses.
Need food? Please visit the Imperial Beach Neighborhood Center page and enter your email to receive a weekly list of food sources in our area.
Need food and other assistance? We are recommending that you contact United Way by calling 2-1-1 to connect with a live agent who can assist you with a variety of robust services.
United Way offers 24-7 assistance with:
- supplemental food and nutrition programs
- shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- emergency information and disaster relief
- employment and education opportunities
- services for veterans
- health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- reentry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
Do you own a local business? Join our weekly Business Roundtable to have direct access to City officials and people who can guide you through available funding sources and more. To get on our email list for updates, send contact information to Anna Webb at email@example.com
Roundtable team: Council member Mark West: Lead, Gary Brown: Staff, Anna Webb: Community, Shannon Ratliff: Community, Rick Bates: Labor/Workers, Matthew Leyba-Gonzalez: Labor/Workers
If you have another need that is not listed here, please reach out to us and we will find someone that can help.
In order to support local businesses while maintaining a sense of fun and community, we are hosting a Take Out Bingo Game!. Just grab take out from local favorites and fill in your card. Prizes awarded weekly!