Board elections - Spring 2020
SunCoast Market Co-op is executively managed by an elected Board of Directors. The primary responsibilities of the Board of Directors are to provide overall direction and ensure the long-range security and viability of the Co-op, and to develop policies necessary to carry out the duties of the board and the functions of the cooperative! The directors are elected by our owner-members. Voting opens May 4th and closes May 22nd.
The terms of election are as follows:
- Board Directors will be elected for three-year terms.
- Three board seats will be elected each year.
Meet Your 4 Candidates
Meet Your Current board
About our Board Elections
Eligibility and Expectations
Per our Bylaws, a nomination committee will develop the process and materials for each election. Eligibility:
- Member of a household or business/organization that has been a SunCoast owner-member for at least six months prior to date that voting opens
- Only one individual per ownership is eligible to serve on the Board of Directors at a time
- Eighteen years of age or older
- Must be able to use email and Internet for Board communications
- Is committed to a 3 year term
Below are the expectations for anyone running for a board position:
- Candidates must understand the requirements for a Board of Directors position. Once elected, the Board will also elect it’s officers, including President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Position descriptions are available in the Candidate Packet.
- Candidates must agree to and sign the Code of Conduct provided in the Candidate Packet.
- Each candidate is expected to complete the application, including a short personal statement and photo that will be posted on this website for owner-members to view when voting. Applications were due by March 15.
- Candidates may receive a call from the nomination committee to discuss their candidacy.
- Each candidate is expected to attend at least 1 board meeting prior to election.
- Download candidate packet below
- Review all materials
- Complete and submit application
- Attend a board meeting
- Complete a new candidate welcome call with the Elections Team
3/15 Applications Due
5/4 Voting Opens
5/22 Voting Closes
5/24 Count Votes and Notify Candidates
5/30 New Board AnnouncedDownload Candidate Packet Complete Your Application
Voting (opens May 4)
All owner-members were sent an email newsletter (at their email address on file) announcing elections. Voting is available by mail, and online (in person voting is close due to Coronavirus). Please note: if you unsubscribed from our mailing lis, we are unable to email you a newsletter. You must re-subscribe here.Update your address