Board elections - Spring 2021
SunCoast Market Co-op is executively managed by an elected Board of Directors. The primary responsibilities of the Board of Directors are to provide overall direction and ensure the long-range security and viability of the Co-op, and to develop policies necessary to carry out the duties of the board and the functions of the cooperative! The directors are elected by our owner-members. Each year there are at least 3 board seats open for election. Current election voting opens April 10 and ends April 30.
The terms of election are as follows:
- Board Directors will be elected for three-year terms.
- Three board seats will be elected each year.
Meet the Candidates
About our Board Elections
Eligibility and Expectations
Per our Bylaws, a nomination committee will develop the process and materials for each election. Eligibility:
- Member of a household or business/organization that has been a SunCoast owner-member for at least six months prior to date that voting opens
- Only one individual per ownership is eligible to serve on the Board of Directors at a time
- Eighteen years of age or older
- Must be able to use email and Internet for Board communications
- Is committed to a 3 year term
Below are the expectations for anyone running for a board position:
- Candidates must understand the requirements for a Board of Directors position. Once elected, the Board will also elect it’s officers, including President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Position descriptions are available in the Candidate Packet.
- Candidates must agree to and sign the Code of Conduct provided in the Candidate Packet.
- Each candidate is expected to complete the application, including a short personal statement and photo that will be posted on this website for owner-members to view when voting.
- Candidates may receive a call from the nomination committee to discuss their candidacy.
- Each candidate is expected to attend at least 1 board meeting prior to election.
Think you’d be a valuable addition to the board? Consider running for a seat in next year’s election!
- Download candidate packet below
- Review all materials
- Complete and submit application
- Attend a board meeting
- Complete a new candidate welcome call with the Elections Team
- While you wait for the next election, consider joining a committee or attend our monthly board meetings.